4 Dec 2017
5G Frequency Allocations and Operating Provisos Announced
In order to promote the implementation of the fifth-generation wireless system (5G), the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has made the following notification in accordance with the Provisions of the People’s Republic of China with regard to Radio Frequency Allocations:
- The allocated working frequency bands for the 5G system are to be 3300-3600 MHz and 4800-5000 MHz, with the 3300-3400 MHz range, in principle, reserved for indoor usage.
- The use of the above frequencies by businesses authorised to provide a 5G service must not conflict with the use of the same frequencies by licensed radio astronomy services or other radio services authorised to use the same frequencies or adjacent channels.
- No new applications for the use of the following frequencies will be accepted or approved after 9 November 2017:
- Fixed earth station service frequencies within the 3400-4200 MHz and 4800-5000 MHz range
- Space station service frequencies within the 3400-3700 MHz range
- Space station tracking and control frequencies within the 3400-3600 MHz range
Permission for the use of any frequency range for the delivery of 5G connectivity can only be granted by the State Radio Regulatory Commission.
For further details (in Chinese), please refer to the following link: